Mold growing inside a home can affect the occupants and poses a considerable health threat to you and your family. One of the main requirements for Mold growth is moisture. Molds require moisture to mature and can develop within 24 to 48 hours of a water incident high moisture levels can be the result of water coming in from the outside, through the floor, walls, roof, from plumbing leaks or moisture can simply produced by the people living in the home, through daily activities like bathing, washing clothes or cooking.
Stopping the flow of water and thoroughly drying the affected areas and materials is crucial to prevent future Mold growth. Once the water is extracted, the remaining ambient moisture must be removed through evaporation and dehumidification.
We use special equipment that works fast!
Trust Fair Price Carpet Cleaning to do a professional and thorough job for you, no matter what time of day or night! We accept every challenge of Mold Remediation and have developed special techniques to restore your home to its original conditions.
Our mold remediation process includes:
- Fair Price Mold technicians begin each mold remediation project by containing the contaminated area. We will erect barriers made from high-density poly sheeting which is used to seal all openings, vents and other penetrations into or from, the contaminated area.
- Then, using high powered, high efficiency particulate air filtered units, the contaminated area is placed under negative pressure and airflow within the contained area is exhausted outside the premises.
- Next step, all mold contaminated porous materials (sheetrock, wood, insulation materials and other contaminated building materials) are placed inside poly-bags, removed and disposed of to an area outside the premises.
- All vertical and horizontal surfaces and non-porous items within the containment are then vacuumed using HEPA filtered vacuum units and disinfected using an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Additional steps typically include encapsulating wood beams or exposed framing materials with an EPA approved anti-microbial coating or encapsulate.
Fair Price Carpet Cleaning specializes in mold testing, chemical free remediation and removal of toxic mold. Serving all of the tri-State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Contact Us TODAY for a FREE Mold Inspection.
- Once the mold remediation process is complete, a final report is generated and provided to each customer. The report includes post remediation test results, copies of documentation and recommendations to avoid future contamination