Using our state of the art equipment and vast technical know how, we will clean and refinish your wood floor. In doing so we will remove just about everything that shouldn't be on your floor, like juice stains, coffee, crayon, ink, shoe polish, adhesive, tar, paint, scuff marks, oil and grease without polluting your home with dust and wood particles.
We are floor fitting specialists for both commercial and residential wooden floors as well as specialising in school, pubs, hotels, gyms and ballroom flooring. We offer a wide range of insurance approved services including repairing, restoring, floor sealing and sanding services.
As well as all this, we are also highly experienced sanders and sealers so floor restoration can be undertaken for any wood floor whether it is an old pine floor or a newer floor which needs floor restoration.
We can offer the following flooring services:
• Sanding and sealing
• Supply the floor sealer and coating of your choice.
• Staining service
• Parquet floor laying
• Hardwood floor fitting
• Laminate floor installation
• Industrial Floor Cleaning contracting for pubs, clubs, businesses and schools
Our fully trained wood floor cleaning specialist can also undertake most aspects of joinery associated with floors such as fitting skirting, architrave, doors and fitting wood floor on stairs. With proper maintenance, it will serve you well for years. Fair Price Carpet Cleaning has the expertise to bring your wood flooring to excellent condition and keep it that way. It all starts with proper cleaning. This means dealing with the several layers of protection that cover the raw wood. The floor will have a wood sealant to protect against moisture and then a finish (which can be wax or urethane).
Seven tips to help you care for your wood flooring
- Understand what type of wood flooring you have. It can be a genuine hardwood or a laminate reproduction (which today looks very close to the real thing). Laminates need far less maintenance, but have a shorter life.
- Make sure that you use a high quality wax that’s specially formulated for hardwood floors. This creates a protective barrier between you and the actual wood.
- To remove stains in wax finished floors, rub them gently with fine steel wool, working from the outside-in and then reapply wax.
- If you have a lot of hardwood flooring in your house that is wax-finished, consider buying a buffing machine. It costs no more than a vacuum cleaner and it will repay its investment.
- Dirt and grit under your feet can damage the surface of your wood flooring. Sweep it regularly with a soft broom. Try to adopt the habit of leaving your outside shoes near the door.
- Protect your flooring by putting felt feet to the bottom of all furniture to prevent scratch marks. When you move furniture, lift it rather than dragging it.
- In high traffic areas, like entrances and hallways, use area rugs on top of the flooring.
Contact us today to get a free on-site estimate!